I love genealogy. I love the research aspect and more than anything I love the discovery aspect. My husband clings diligently to the “Adam & Eve” theory that we are all related and the rest is just a waste of time. That’s fine for him, but I guess I am more about the how of the connections. If I am potentially connected to someone, I want to know how, by who, or is it whom. Either way, I want to know.
So, I am a huge fan of Ancestry’s “We are Related,” and Family Search’s “Relative Finder.” I spent yesterday tracking my connections to some of the famous movie stars I am potentially related to. I am always tickled when I can line everyone up to fit.
Below is my most current list of potential famous movie star relatives.
- Francis Phillip Wupperman (Frank Morgan)
- Eldred Gregory Peck
- William Edgar Buchanan
- Elizabeth Victoria Montgomery
- Humphrey DeForest Bogart
- Burl Icle Ivanhoe Ives (Burl Ives)
- Jackson DeForest Kelley
- Harry Lillis Crosby II (Bing Crosby)
- Jane Waddington Wyatt
- Jesse Donald Knotts (Don Knotts)
- Lloyd Vernet Bridges II
- Margarita Carmen Cansino (Rita Hayworth)
- Joseph Frank Keaton (Buster Keaton)
- Fess Elisha Parker II
- Lucille Desiree Ball
- Mary Frances Reynolds (Debbie Reynolds)
- Frances Ethel Gumm (Judy Garland)
- James Harrison Coburn
I look at this list and two things stand out for me. I am potentially related to the two main characters of the Wizard of Oz, and I am related to a number of strong, beautiful and very funny ladies. Must be in my genes.