I am by no means a great cook, but I like to think I can hold my own. I am in the midst of the holiday prep work for family Thanksgiving at my house tomorrow. This is the first time I have ever hosted this holiday, so I don’t want it to suck. I also don’t want to be sick the entire day.
A year or so back, we discovered that I am Gluten intolerant. How much does that suck? A lot, but even more so since I am diabetic and so much of the GF stuff is made with rice or potato substances. I am also disturbed that so many GF recipes call for so many freaking things I can’t pronounce. Damnit I don’t want Xantham gum in my mouth if I can’t blow bubbles.
So, since I cannot do the yummy Hawiian rolls, I had to come up with a Plan B. Plan B is my own recipe. Below is Plan B. And I must say that those little muffins are damn good!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx. 15- 20 min
Yields: 24 minis + 3 regular muffins
1 c. GF Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour
1 c. Quaker Yellow Cornmeal (Not all cornmeal is GF)
1/4 c. Sugar
1 tbs. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
5 tbs. Butter (melted)
2 Eggs (room temperature)
1 c. Milk (room temperature)
1 Jalapeno Pepper (unseeded)
1/4 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray muffins pan(s) with butter spray.
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cheese in a mixing bowl.
2. Add melted butter, eggs, warmed milk, and jalapeno a Magic Bullet cup. You can also use a blender or other similar appliance. Zip these ingredients until the jalapeno is finely zipped (no big chunks).
3. Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until blended well..
4. Scoop batter into mini muffin pan (24 ct. muffins). Fill each one almost to the top. There will be batter left over so I made 3 regular muffins (for testing purposes.)
5. Place in oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick goes in and comes out clean.