Good Morning..I’m writing this in the morning, even though it might be evening when you read it, in that case Good Evening… Before I go on, I’d like to let you know that there will be an awesome opportunity at the end of this post.
I’d like to ask a question to all the book reviewers out there. Why won’t you review our books? Seriously. For ten years I have been sending out our new releases to get reviews. It actually hits about 1 out of every 20. Why is that? Don’t get me wrong, I know that not every book is everyone’ s cup of tea, but come on, this is like all of our books are boring. I promise they are not.
There has been so much controversy lately about who can review, who should review, how they should review, etc. I have a philosophy on this, and while it is not popular with many authors, it is mine, and I stand by it.
“If you read, you can review.” Karen L. Syed
I don’t care if you are the cousin, the preacher, the publisher, the pet iguana. If you can actually read the book, you have the constitutional right to offer your opinion. In the interest of fairness, it’s not a bad idea if you fully disclose who you are–I post reviews for books that I publish–hey, I liked them enough to publish them, and I am a reader first and foremost and my opinion about a book is just as valid as that of anyone else. That said, I always say up front that I am the publisher, if people disagree with me reviewing a book I published, they can skip it. I won’t be offended.
So, I’m looking for reviews for a few books. I’d like reviews for all, but I’ll start with a few. What am I willing to offer as enticement? When 50 reviews have been posted for Echelon Press/Echelon Shorts/Quake/Electric Shorts I will choose one lucky winner to receive a brand new Kindle Touch. That’s right. Here is how it works.
1. Choose from the following list of books. You will receive 1 entry for each posted review. Email your choice to email@example.com. You will receive the eBook download FREE. You can review as many books as you like, but only one at a time. I will not send a second book until review of the first is posted.
2. READ the book and post your review in two places. One must be in the comment section of this post. The other can be any site of your choosing (your Blog, Amazon.com, BN.com, Good Reads, etc.) You get the point.
3. When you post your review on this Blog, please include the 2nd review link along with it. Reviews posted here without the 2nd link will NOT be eligible.
This is a short contest, so be prepared to read fast! All entries must be posted by 12:00 midnight December 24, 2011. I will choose and announce the winner on Christmas Day by Noon. If we do not reach 50 reviews, the contest will be void.
- Lost and Found by Karen L. Syed (Contemporary Romance)
- Cold Comfort by Ellis Vidler (Romantic Suspense)
- Blind Travelers Blues by Robert Bennett (Mystery/Science Fiction)
- Shaken by D.M. Anderson (YA Adventure)
- Totally Buzzed by Gale Borger (Mystery/Humor)
- The Missing Locket by Mary Cunningham (Juvenile Fantasy)
- Force of Habit by Marian Allen (Science Fiction)
- Shadow Marsh by Caroline Bourne (Historical Romance)
- Assignment: Nepal by J.A. Squires (Mystery)
- Betrayed by Sam Morton (YA Spy Thriller)
These are NOT paid reviews. No one gets paid. You choose what you want to review and you MIGHT win a Kindle Touch.